Who We Are
Glennwood Housing Foundation, Inc opened in August 2013 as a 501(c) 3 non-profit corporation providing non-profit housing and supported living services to adults with developmental and/ or intellectual disabilities. The purpose of this uniquely formed program was to provide a compassionate and caring environment that promotes increased self-esteem and assists the participant in developing daily living skills that enables them to live independently and live, work, and play in the local community. Glennwood is an amazing, vibrant, and diverse community with each individual supporting their peers, celebrating their differences, and embracing each other’s contributions.
The founding families, the Larson and Voogd families, saw the need for their children to experience independent living in a safe and supportive environment. Once children reach the age of 18 many transitional support services through school systems end and new chapters in their lives begin. Many young adults with disabilities often find themselves feeling isolated and Glennwood provides the opportunity for not only continued personal growth but for inclusive participation in an expansive world.
Our Programs & Services
- Individuals are supported in communicating their personal choices for daily living, and planning their futures
- Opportunities for engagement in the community are provided and encouraged
- Onsite and offsite activity opportunities are available focusing on exercise, lifelong learning, and expansion of circles of support including behavioral health and communication
- Individuals are provided a safe community environment
- Individuals and their circle of support work closely together with staff to meet the needs of the individual in achieving fulfillment and well-being
- Glennwood is a Regional Center of Orange County Supported Living Service Provider
Glennwood House of Laguna Beach, offers individual apartment style living on a 33,000 square foot site that includes ADA compliant state-of-the-art living, dining, kitchen, two recreational/multi-media lounges, and communal social spaces. Glennwood is conveniently located close to beach access and is approximately 1 1/2 miles from the Laguna Beach village center.
- Transportation is provided to activities, medical appointments, as well as shopping.
- Residents have access to onsite laundry services
- Housekeeping support is provided
- The dining room offers breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as daily healthy snacks
- Apartment rental includes utilities, cable TV, and WIFI
To provide nonprofit housing and supported living for adults with special needs with an emphasis on community.
The residents have unsurpassed opportunities for social growth, emotional fulfillment, self awareness, enhanced dignity and quality of life through supported independence.
Phone: (949) 715-4863
Address: 2130 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA 92651